Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Give enough that your heart is in the kingdom of God and not in this material world

(Mat 6:19-21 NRSV) "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal; {20} but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal. {21} For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

"So do not be troubling yourself about tomorrow. Tomorrow will have its own trouble. Today's trouble is enough for today."

Matthew 6:34 Jesus said, "Do not let anything trouble your heart. You believe in God and you must believe in me also."

John 14:1 "The thief comes only to steal the sheep and to kill them and spoil them I have come so that people may live and that they may enjoy life to the full."

John 10:10 More from the Bible "Turn all your troubles over to Him (God) because he cares for you, and is watching over you."

1 Peter 5:7 Note: the word translated here 'turn' can mean 'throw'. You can throw your troubles away from you, onto God!

"Always be glad for what the Lord has done. I will say it again, be glad. Let everyone know that you think kindly of others before yourselves. The Lord is near. Do not worry about anything. Talk to God about everything. Thank him for what you have. Ask Him for what you need. Then God will give you peace, a peace which is too wonderful to understand. That peace will keep your hearts and minds safe as you trust in Christ Jesus."

Matt 7:13 (KJV) Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: {strait: or, narrow} 14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

(Matthew 11: 28-30)

Come unto me,
all ye that labour and are heavy laden,
and I will give your rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me;
for I am meek and lowly in heart;
and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

(Matthew 12: 36, 37)

But I say unto you,
That every idle word that men shall speak,
they shall give an account thereof in the day of judgment.
For by thy words shalt thou be justified,
and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

(Mark 7:6-8)

(To the Pharisees and Teachers of the Law)

Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites
As it is written
this people honoureth me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me.
Howbeit in vain do they worship me,
teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
For laying aside the commandment of God
ye hold the tradition of men,
as the washing of pots and cups;
and many other such things ye do

(Mark 8: 36-38)

For what shall it profit a man,
if he shall gain the whole world,
and lose his own soul?
Or what shall a man give
in exchange for his own soul?
Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me
and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation;
of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed,
when he cometh in the glory of his Father
with the holy angels.

(Mark 9:42)

And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones
that believe in me,
it is better for him that a millstone
were hanged about his neck
and he were cast into the sea.

(Mark 10:14-15)

Suffer the little children to come unto me
and forbid them not
for of such is the kingdom of God.
Verily I say unto you,
Whosoever shall not receive
the kingdom of God as a little child,
He shall not enter in.

No comments:

Post a Comment